The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Addemar?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is an email authentication system designed to detect email spoofing. It allows organizations to take responsibility for transmitting a message, while providing a mechanism to verify that the message was not altered during transit. DKIM uses cryptographic signatures and public-key infrastructure to verify that an email message has not been altered during transit, and that it truly came from the claimed sender. Email senders can use DKIM to sign their messages by adding a DKIM-Signature header field to the messages. Email receivers can then use the public key published in the DNS to verify the signature and check that the message has not been tampered with.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Addemar
Create your DKIM key pair for your domain on Addemar instantly by using our free DKIM record generator. The duo consists of:
- A DKIM public key, which should be published in your public DNS.
- A DKIM private key: used by Addemar to sign your outgoing emails
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for Addemar
Once Addemar delivers the DKIM key follow these steps to get your DKIM Public Key Available for Addemar
- Log in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, create a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Addemar DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.