How to Set Up DKIM for Volusion?
DKIM is specified in RFC 6376, and it is used by a number of email service providers, including Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft. DKIM is designed to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering. It allows email senders to digitally sign their messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Volusion
- Enter your MyVolusion login information.
- Select “Manage Email”
- Select “Advanced Setting” from the Mailboxes section.
- Select “Sender Authentication (DKIM)” from the Domains section.
- Click the users domain name under “Domains.”
- Click “Enable” DKIM for [[yourdomainname.com]]’
- Copy the data Volusion has supplied to you (your DKIM public key)
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for Volusion
- Log in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, create a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Volusion DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation