The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for WP Engine?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for email senders to digitally sign email messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with. DKIM is intended to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering.
Steps to Configure DKIM for WP Engine
Create your DKIM key pair for your domain on WP Engine instantly by using our free DKIM record generator. The duo consists of:
- A DKIM public key, which should be published in your public DNS.
- A DKIM private key: used by WP Engine to sign your outgoing emails
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for WP Engine
- Sign in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, generate a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on WP Engine DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation