The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Splashthat?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for email senders to digitally sign email messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with. DKIM is intended to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering.
You don’t need to manually configure DKIM if you’re a Splashthat customer sending emails from their internal servers because Splash that has you covered! Splashthat will generate DKIM records for you that you will need to add to your DNS.
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for Splashthat
- Sign in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, generate a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!