The Skysnag Blog
How to Setup DKIM for Constant Contact?
DKIM is specified in RFC 6376, and it is used by a number of email service providers, including Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft. DKIM is designed to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering. It allows email senders to digitally sign their messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with.
How to Configure DKIM for Constant Contact
You must publish two TXT records in your domain’s DNS in order to configure DKIM.
- To self-authenticate, your custom domain, send an email to Constant Contact’s account review and deliverability team.
- Let them know which domains you wish to set up DKIM for, and Constant Contact’s customer service team will respond with your DKIM keys.
- Additionally, you will receive a letter with the TXT record syntax that you must publish in your DNS to set up DKIM for Constant Contact.
- Now you have two options for publishing the TXT records: either ask your domain administrator for assistance or manually log into your DNS administration console and publish the entries in the appropriate section.
- Save changes
- Sign in to your Constant Contact account.
- Go to “My Accounts” by clicking the link in the top-right corner of your page.
- Click “Campaign Email Authentication Settings” in the My Profile section on the “My Account” page.
- Select “Self-authenticate using your own domain,” type your domain name, and then select “Generate DKIM key.”
- Now you have two options for publishing the TXT records: either ask your domain administrator for assistance or manually log into your DNS administration console and publish the entries in the appropriate section. Make sure to name the TXT record with the hostname and paste the value into the space designated for the TXT record’s content.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Constant Contact DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.