The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for Gorgias?
An SPF record is a type of Domain Name System (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are authorized to send email on behalf of your domain. SPF records help to prevent email spoofing by verifying that the email message is coming from a legitimate source. When a mail server receives an email, the mail server can check the SPF record of the domain to verify that the email is coming from an authorized source. If the email is not coming from an authorized source, the mail server can reject the email or mark it as spam.
How to Set Up SPF for Gorgias
- The following syntax will be used in an SPF TXT record for Gorgias:
mydomain.com TXT Host: gorgias.gorgias.io Value: v=spf1 include:mailgun.org -all
In order to set this up, you must first ensure that you have administrative access to both your domain registrar and the integrations page in Gorgias.
Please then carry out the actions listed below:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Email > Your email > integration > Domain verification in Gorgias. You will be presented with a screen where you can generate your DKIM key on this page, but first you must select the size that is suitable for your domain registrar.
- You will notice that there are now two entries that need to be made once you have created a key. Copying text from one location to another works just as well for setting up SPF and DKIM, which is exactly what must be done to set up your domain verification. You would need to enter your domain registrar and paste the data from Gorgias there.
- Since we are adding the “TXT” element, you should choose the type to be “TXT,” the host to be “gorgias.gorgias.io,” and the TXT value to be “v=spf1 include:mailgun.org ~all.” (from the above screenshot).
- Adding DKIM to your domain registrar has the same effects. Once more, you would choose “TXT,” enter “mailo._domainkey.gorgias.gorgias.io” as the host, and enter the key from step 2 as the TXT Value.
- You can proceed to wait for up to 72 hours for the domain verification to be finished once both of these choices have been added to your domain registrar. Although SPF should take effect before DKIM, it is strongly encouraged to do nothing if all the entries have been made correctly and to simply wait for the 72-hour period to pass.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage Gorgias SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows Gorgias SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up Gorgias’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here