The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for Act-on?
SPF records are used to help prevent email spoofing. They help to ensure that only authorized servers can send emails on behalf of your domain. SPF records can help to improve your email deliverability.
How to include an email address to the ‘Send From’ list in Act-on
- Sign in using your Admin account.
- Navigate to Settings > Other Settings > From: Addresses.
- Select Add From: Address button at the bottom.
- Fill in your Display Name and Email Address from which you need to send emails from.
- Select Add Now button to add the email address to the list.
- Navigate to inbox of the email address, and select on the verification mail to complete this process.
How to Configure SPF for Act-on
- Sign in to your DNS administration interface.
- Select DNS Template under Tools & Settings
- You must change the DNS TXT record for SPF.
- For Act-on, an SPF TXT record will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.act-on.net -all
- This record should be published in the DNS records section for the relevant domain.
Worth noting: To activate SPF for outgoing emails using Act-on if your domain previously lacked an SPF record, all you need to do is publish the aforementioned record. If your DNS already contains an SPF record, you must update it to include Act-on as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:_spf.act-on.net -all
- Save adjustments.
- Allow your DNS to process the adjustments for 72 hours.
Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to contact Act-on Support after uploading the records using DNS.
Worth noting: Before submitting the form, you must set up SPF and DKIM.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage Act-on’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows Act-on’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up Act-on’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.