How to Set Up DKIM for Action Network?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for email senders to digitally sign email messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with. DKIM is intended to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Action Network
- Contact Action Network and inform them of your reply-to address when you email them.
- They will send sendgrid your domain, and sendgrid will then send you the public key via the Action network.
- The public key (CNAME records) must be added to your DNS.
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for Action Network
- Sign in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, generate a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
After adding the records to the DNS, send an email to Action Network, and they will confirm it.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Action Network DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation