How to Setup DKIM for Sparkpost?
DKIM is specified in RFC 6376, and it is used by a number of email service providers, including Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft.DKIM is designed to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering. It allows email senders to digitally sign their messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with.
How to Set Up Domain on Sparkpost
- If you haven’t already done so during registration, open your Sparkpost application and add a sending domain.
- If you have registered a domain with Sparkpost, the Domains tab will list all of your currently registered domains.
- In order to configure DKIM verification, click “the domain.”
- Copy the DKIM record value and hostname from the DNS verification section of the Domain Details page.
- To publish the record, sign in to your DNS management interface. After publication, the record may not become effective for up to 24 to 48 hours.
Verify Your Domain on Sparkpost
- When you are finished publishing the DKIM record in the DNS, click “Verify” at the bottom of the page.
- A Sparkpost confirmation that your domain has been successfully confirmed will be sent to you.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Sparkpost DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation