The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for mailchimp?
An SPF record is a type of Domain Name System (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are authorized to send email on behalf of your domain. SPF records help to reduce the risk of your emails being marked as spam because they allow recipients to verify that the email is coming from a legitimate source.
How to Set Up SPF for mailchimp
- Go to the Domains page in your Account Settings.
- Select Authenticate next to the verified email domain you want to use.
- You can check what information has to be added to or modified with your domain provider in the Domain Authentication pop-up modal.
- Use this information to modify the DNS record for your domain in a different browser tab or window.
- Please publish the next DNS record if you don’t have an SPF record:
Value:v=spf1 include:servers.mcsv.net -all
(Note: We advise specifying -all rather than?all.)
- Do not publish a new SPF record if you already have one. Please add the following information to your current SPF record:
- Go back to your Mailchimp account’s Domains tab and select Authenticate Domain.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage mailchimp’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows mailchimp’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up mailchimp’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here: