The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for HostGator?
SPF records help improve email deliverability by helping to prevent email spoofing. By including an SPF record in your DNS settings, you can help to ensure that email sent from your domain is not marked as spam by email providers.
How to Set Up SPF for HostGator
You must generate an SPF record for HostGator in order to include them as a permitted transmitting source. To do this, adhere to the procedures below:
- Use our free SPF record generator to create an SPF record right away.
- Select whether you wish to permit the MX listed servers for your domain to deliver emails.
- Select whether you wish to permit the domain’s current IP address to send emails for this domain.
- Enter the IP addresses that are permitted to send emails from your domain.
- Include any other server hosts or domains that might relay or deliver mail for your domain.
- Select your SPF policy mode or level of austerity you require. The following mode options are available for selection:
Fail (non-compliant emails will be rejected)
Soft-fail (Non-compliant emails will be accepted but marked)
Neutral (Mails will probably be accepted)
- Select Generate SPF Record to instantly generate your record
Worth noting: During SPF configuration, HostGator uses an include technique. It will resemble this when a new SPF record is being created for Hostgator to publish in your domain’s DNS:
v=spf1 include:websitewelcome.com -all
If you already have an SPF record in your DNS and only need to add Hostgator to it, then you can simply publish the following:
v=spf1 mx include:spf.domain.com include:websitewelcome.com -all
How to Get Your SPF Record Available for Hostgator?
- Sign in to your DNS management console
- Go to your desired domain
- Provide a resource type: TXT
- Insert your hostname: _spf
- Add the value of your created Hostgator SPF record.
- Save modifications to set up SPF for your domain with HostGator.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage HostGators SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows HostGator’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up HostGator’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here