The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for Dotmailer?
SPF records help improve email deliverability by helping to prevent email spoofing. By including an SPF record in your DNS settings, you can help to ensure that email sent from your domain is not marked as spam by email providers.
The requirement to Configure SPF for Dotmailer
All you have to do is set up your custom domain to enable SPF for Dotmailer. Following that, Dotmailer will handle SPF authentication for any emails sent using the chosen custom domain. SPF for Dotmailer does not need to be manually implemented, saving you time and effort.
How to Configure SPF for Dotmailer
There are two approaches you can take:
- If you don’t want to use an existing subdomain, you can buy a new custom domain on Dotmailer and delegate maintenance to them.
- On Dotmailer, you may manually create an alias for an existing domain or subdomain to use as your personal email address. in the address
Creating a unique domain can have a number of benefits. Let’s say you wish to use Dotmailer to send marketing emails to your clients. The recipient may not identify and ignore the email because it appears to be from firstname.lastname@example.org, or worse still, it may end up in their spam folder.
In order to configure an email alias or a new From address with their brand name that is immediately identifiable in client inboxes, domain owners can use a custom domain (for instance: email@example.com).
To buy a personalized domain using Dotmailer:
- Visit your Dotmailer account and sign in
- Go to Campaigns > Advanced Features from the menu. between addresses
- Select “Purchase new address” from the menu.
- You have two options on the “Purchase address” page:
1) buy a new domain
2) buy an alias for a domain that already exists.
- On this page, enter your specifications and select the purchase address/purchase alias button.
- To guarantee that your custom-branded domain is successfully registered and functional after setting it up, complete the domain verification process.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage Dotmailer SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows Dotmailer SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here