How to Set Up DKIM for Inmotionhosting?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is an email authentication system designed to detect email spoofing. It allows organizations to take responsibility for transmitting a message, while providing a mechanism to verify that the message was not altered during transit. DKIM uses cryptographic signatures and public-key infrastructure to verify that an email message has not been altered during transit, and that it truly came from the claimed sender. Email senders can use DKIM to sign their messages by adding a DKIM-Signature header field to the messages. Email receivers can then use the public key published in the DNS to verify the signature and check that the message has not been tampered with.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Inmotionhosting
- Sign in to your Inmotionhosting account
- Select “Email Deliverability” from the menu.
- Find and choose your domain name from the list.
- The Manage button should be selected next to the domain you want.
- Select Install Suggested Record if you don’t already have a DKIM record.
- You will need to manually paste the DKIM key’s name and value onto the domain’s DNS if your domain is not the authoritative name server. In this situation, you can just click the given Copy button.
Please keep in mind: Only your dependable DNS hosting provider should have access to your DKIM private keys. For more information get in touch with Inmotionhosting team.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Inmotionhosting DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation