The Skysnag Blog
How to Setup SPF for Zendesk?
An SPF record is a type of Domain Name System (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are authorized to send email on behalf of your domain. SPF records helps to prevent email spoofing and improve email deliverability.
How to Setup SPF for Zendesk
- Configure a valid and error-free SPF record for your domain. You may instantly generate a free SPF record with our SPF record generator.
- Select if you want to permit servers listed as MX for your domain to send emails Select whether you want to permit the domain’s current IP address to send emails for this domain
- Enter the IP addresses that are permitted to send emails from your domain.
- Include any other server hosts or domains that might relay or deliver mail for your domain.
- Select the SPF policy mode or the receiving server’s level of strictness from Failure (emails that don’t comply will be rejected), Soft Failure (emails that don’t comply will be accepted but marked), and Neutral (Mails will probably be accepted)
- To instantly create your record, select Create SPF Record.
Worth noting: When configuring SPF, Zendesk uses an inclusion technique. It will resemble this when a new SPF record is being created for Zendesk to publish in your domain’s DNS:
v=spf1 include:mail.zendesk.com -all
In the event that you already have an SPF record in your DNS and only need to add zendesk SPF, you can simply publish the following:
Previous record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
New record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:mail.zendesk.com -all
How to Get Your SPF Record Available for Zendesk?
- Sign in to your DNS management console
- Go to the domain you want to visit.
- Provide a resource type: TXT
- Provide your hostname: _spf
- Copy and paste the value from your created SPF record.
- Save modifications to set up SPF for your domain.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage Zendesk’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows Zendesk’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up Zendesk’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.