The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for Sharpspring?
An SPF record is a type of Domain Name System (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are authorized to send email on behalf of your domain. SPF records help to prevent email spoofing by verifying that the email message is coming from a legitimate source. When a mail server receives an email, the mail server can check the SPF record of the domain to verify that the email is coming from an authorized source. If the email is not coming from an authorized source, the mail server can reject the email or mark it as spam.
How to Configure SPF for Sharpspring
- Navigate to User Menu > Settings in SharpSpring’s top toolbar.
- Select Company Email Settings, located under Features in the left panel.
- Click DKIM & Sending Domains.
- Check the domain.
- Select Set Up DKIM once your domain is verified.
- Click Get My CNAME Settings.
- Include the CNAME records created by Sharpspring for your domain. The types of CNAME records that Sharpspring offers are as follows:
|Record key||What it means|
|em||An SPF record that keeps a list of your authorized email sending sources|
|link||CNAME record that is used for white labeling email links|
|owner||Another CNAME record that is used for white labeling email links|
|s1._domainkey and s2._domainkey||Hostnames for DKIM authentication|
- Sign in to your DNS management console
- Go to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- Add the CNAME records in your DNS records section for your respective domain
- Save modifications
With Skysnag, you can easily manageSharpspring’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows Sharpspring’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up Sharpsping’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.