The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for KingHost?
SPF records are used to help prevent email spoofing. They help to ensure that only authorized servers can send emails on behalf of your domain. SPF records can help to improve your email deliverability.
How to Configure SPF for KingHost
- Sign in to your KingHost account and
- Go to view your email marketing dashboard
- Click on administration underneath the Profile icon, then select Summary.
- Access DNS settings
- Confirm SPF record settings
- For Infusionsoft, an SPF TXT record will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.kinghost.net ~all
- This record should be published in the DNS records section for the relevant domain.
Worth noting: To activate SPF for outgoing emails using KingHost if your domain previously lacked an SPF record, all you need to do is publish the aforementioned record. If your DNS already contains an SPF record, you must update it to include KingHost as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_spf.kinghost.net ~all
- Save adjustments.
- Allow your DNS to process the adjustments for 72 hours.
The include mechanism for SPF should be replaced with include:_spf.uni5.net if you are a reseller with a DNS hosting registration.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage KingHost’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows KingHost’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up KingHost’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.