The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up SPF for Hekko?
SPF records are used to help prevent email spoofing. They help to ensure that only authorized servers can send emails on behalf of your domain. SPF records can help to improve your email deliverability.
How to Configure SPF for Hekko
- Sign in to the admin panel
- Select a domain
- Click “Edit DNS zone” in the “Web server and domains” section
- By removing the previous entry and adding a new one, records can be modified. To remove a DNS record, check the box to the right of the record and click “Delete.”
- Enter the desired values for a certain DNS record, then click “Add” to add the record. Remember the period after the domain when adding DNS entries to a domain (e.g. domain.pl.). Records without periods are regarded as subdomains.
- For Infusionsoft, an SPF TXT record will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:spf.hekko.pl -all
- This record should be published in the DNS records section for the relevant domain.
Worth noting: To activate SPF for outgoing emails using Hekko if your domain previously lacked an SPF record, all you need to do is publish the aforementioned record. If your DNS already contains an SPF record, you must update it to include Hekko as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:spf.hekko.pl -all
With Skysnag, you can easily manage Hekko’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows Hekko’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up Hekko’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here