How to Set Up SPF for EmailOctopus?
SPF records are used to help prevent email spoofing. They help to ensure that only authorized servers can send emails on behalf of your domain. SPF records can help to improve your email deliverability.
How to Configure SPF for EmailOctopus
To configure your SPF record in EmailOctopus, follow these steps:
- Sign in to EmailOctopus
- Navigate to the Account page
- Fill in the domain you wish to verify in the Account page and click “Verify”
- The CNAME records that need to be added to your DNS should then be visible.
- Navigate to your DNS server and duplicate the record name and values.
- Once finished, go back to EmailOctopus and select “Complete Verification.”
Contact your DNS provider if the verification returns a Failed status.
How to Configure SPF for EmailOctopus using Amazon SES
Amazon SES serves as the email exchange platform for EmailOctopus Connect. Follow the procedures listed below for your SPF configuration if you’re utilizing EmailOctopus Connect:
- Sign in to your DNS administration interface.
- Select DNS Template under Tools & Settings
- You must change the DNS TXT record for SPF.
- For EmailOctopus, an SPF TXT record will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:amazonses.com -all
- This record should be published in the DNS records section for the relevant domain.
Worth noting: To activate SPF for outgoing emails using EmailOctopus if your domain previously lacked an SPF record, all you need to do is publish the aforementioned record. If your DNS already contains an SPF record, you must update it to include EmailOctopus as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.domain.com include:amazonses.com -all
- Save adjustments.
- Allow your DNS to process the adjustments for 72 hours.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage EmailOctopus’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows EmailOctopus’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up SPF for EmailOctopus you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here
Enforce DMARC & Increase Email Deliverability
Skysnag makes the tedious work of email authentication and DMARC simple.Start Free Trial