How to Set Up SPF for ChargeDesk?
An SPF record is a type of Domain Name System (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are authorized to send email on behalf of your domain. SPF records help to prevent email spoofing and improve email deliverability.
How to Configure SPF for ChargeDesk
- Sign in to your ChargeDesk account,
- Go to Setup > Emails > Generate SPF & DKIM Records.
Your browser will link you to a website with a produced SPF record for your domain. The record is copied and pasted into your DNS.
On the other hand, you can configure SPF for ChargeDesk by following the instructions below:
- Sign in to your DNS administration interface.
- Select DNS Template under Tools & Settings
- You must change the DNS TXT record for SPF.
- For ChargeDesk, an SPF TXT record will have the following syntax:
yourdomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.chargedesk.com -all
- This record should be published in the DNS records section for the relevant domain.
Worth noting: To activate SPF for outgoing emails using ChargeDesk if your domain previously lacked an SPF record, all you need to do is publish the aforementioned record. If your DNS already contains an SPF record, you must update it to include ChargeDesk as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.zoho.com -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf.zoho.com include:_spf.chargedesk.com -all
- Save adjustments.
- Allow your DNS to process the adjustments for 48-72 hours.
In order to confirm your SPF record you must select “Verify Records” after your DNS has finished processing the modifications. This action must be taken.
With Skysnag, you can easily manage ChargeDesk’s SPF records without having to go to your DNS. This allows ChargeDesk’s SPF record to propagate instantly, and autonomously always pass SPF alignment.
Sign up for a free trial today to see how it works for your domain.
For more information on setting up ChargeDesk’s SPF, you can refer to their reference documentation.
You can use Skysnag’s free SPF Checker to check the health of your SPF record here