The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for MailPlus?
DKIM is specified in RFC 6376, and it is used by a number of email service providers, including Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft. DKIM is designed to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering. It allows email senders to digitally sign their messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with.
Steps to Configuring DKIM Record for MailPlus
You will receive a DKIM key pair from MailPlus support that includes:
A DKIM public key: should be published in your public DNS.
A DKIM private key: utilized by MailPlus to sign your outgoing emails
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for MailPlus
Once you have received your public key from MailPlus’s support staff follow these steps to publish your DKIM Key
- Log in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, create a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s changes and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on MailPlus DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation