The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for InTouch CRM?
DKIM is specified in RFC 6376, and it is used by a number of email service providers, including Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft. DKIM is designed to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering. It allows email senders to digitally sign their messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with.
Steps to Configure DKIM Record for InTouch CRM
To obtain your DKIM keys and enable DKIM authentication for your domains, get in touch with the InTouch CRM support team. You will receive a DKIM key pair from InTouch CRM support that will include:
- A DKIM public key: which must be published in your public DNS.
- A DKIM private key: utilized by InTouch CRM to sign your outgoing emails, which must be uploaded to their webpage
You must add two additional CNAME entries in order to configure DKIM for InTouch CRM. This include:
- key1._domainkey.yourdomain.com CNAME key1.yourcrm.co.uk
- key2._domainkey.yourdomain.com CNAME key2.yourcrm.co.uk
Remember that you need to replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name.
How to publish your DKIM public key for InTouch CRM
- Log in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, create a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record adjustments and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on InTouch CRM DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.