The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Groove HQ?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for email senders to digitally sign email messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with. DKIM is intended to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Groove HQ
- Sign in to your Groove HQ account and select Settings from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Conversations section on your Settings tab.
- Select the mailbox for which you want to find your CNAME entries under Mailboxes under Conversations.
- After selecting, you will be taken to the mailbox setup page, where your CNAME records are located.
Please replace the example CNAME records shown above with those you discover for your own mailbox.
Steps to configure your DNS to include Groove HQ DKIM records
- Visit the DNS management interface.
- Make 3 CNAME records that point to your Groove host, add each one separately.
Record type: CNAME
Host: Copy and paste the appropriate record’s “Host” value from the setup page for your mailbox.
Points to: The addresses for the Groove SMTP servers are listed in the “Value” columns for the appropriate records on your mailbox settings page.
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!