The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Emarsys?
DKIM is specified in RFC 6376, and it is used by a number of email service providers, including Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft. DKIM is designed to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering. It allows email senders to digitally sign their messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with.
How to Generate DKIM Private and Public Keys for Emarsys?
- Generate your domain’s DKIM public and private keys first.
- To achieve this, you can instantly create a DKIM record for your domain using our free DKIM record generator tool. Select a DKIM selector, type in your domain name, then press the produce record button.
- Give your private key to Emarsys Support so they can include it in their DKIM signer when you create your customized DKIM key pair.
Here is an example of DKIM public key
Domain Key: selector1._domainkey.mail.domain.com
DKIM Record value: v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGf…
Remember, the domain name, DKIM selector, and record value should all be changed to reflect your domain.
- To make the public key of your DKIM record visible on your public-facing DNS, speak with your DNS administrator.
- Make sure to add DKIM data separately for each of your registered domains, and avoid publishing duplicate entries for the same domain as doing so will render the protocol ineffective.
- When finished, add your domains for signing by contacting Emarsys support. This would guarantee that all emails sent from your domain to customers using Emarsys email servers are authenticated and DKIM-signed.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Emarsys DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.