The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Datamotion?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for email senders to digitally sign email messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with. DKIM is intended to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering.
Steps to Configure DKIM Record for Datamotion:
- Log in as the admin user to the SecureMail interface, then select Administrative tools > DKIM administration.
- To create the public key, complete the necessary fields (domain name, selector value), then save the form.
- Below is a DNS TXT record example for DKIM
Use our free DKIM record generator tool to create your DKIM key pair if you are sending emails from your own servers as opposed to Datamotion.
How to publish your DKIM public key for Datamotion:
- Log in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, create a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record adjustments and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Datamotion DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.