How to Set Up DKIM for 3DCart?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for email senders to digitally sign email messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with. DKIM is intended to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering.
Steps to Configure DKIM for 3DCart
Please take the following actions to configure DKIM functionality for your 3DCart:
- Sign in to your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager account.
- Select Modules from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Use the search box at the top to look for “DKIM” on the Modules page.
- Select “Enable” in the checkbox.
- Finally, select “Save” from the screen’s top right menu.
If you take the aforementioned actions, 3DCart will create a unique TXT record that serves as your DKIM signature to your domain’s DNS.
You must use a domain for your Shift4Shop store in order to activate DKIM. For stores that exclusively use temporary *.s4shops.com or *.3dcartstores.com URLs, DKIM will not function.
Steps to access your DKIM record in 3DCart?
- Sign in to your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager.
- Go to Settings > General > Store Settings
- The “Store” tab is the default selection on the Store Settings page.
- Navigate to the “Store Information” section of the “Store” tab and select “Manage DNS”
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on 3DCart DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation