How to Set Up DKIM for SmartSurvey?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is an email authentication system designed to detect email spoofing. It allows organizations to take responsibility for transmitting a message, while providing a mechanism to verify that the message was not altered during transit. DKIM uses cryptographic signatures and public-key infrastructure to verify that an email message has not been altered during transit, and that it truly came from the claimed sender. Email senders can use DKIM to sign their messages by adding a DKIM-Signature header field to the messages. Email receivers can then use the public key published in the DNS to verify the signature and check that the message has not been tampered with.
Steps to Configure DKIM for SmartSurvey
- Sign in to your SmartSurvey account.
- Select My Account from the Account drop-down menu.
- Select Custom Domain from the option on the left.
- Select Add Domain after entering the (sub)domain name.
- You must configure a CNAME record on the DNS of your custom domain in order for SmartSurvey to point to the supplied “answer” value (customdomain.smartsurvey.co.uk)
- Once the CNAME is established, confirm it by clicking the “Check CNAME” button.
How to locate your SmartSurvey DKIM record?
- Go to Account > My Account > Email Sender Settings on your SmartSurvey account.
- View your DKIM record settings by scrolling down
- You may find instructions on what needs to be added as a TXT record to your domain here.
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for SmartSurvey
- Sign in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, generate a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on SmartSurvey DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation