The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Greenhouse?
DKIM works by adding a digital signature to outgoing email messages. This signature can be verified by the receiving email server, which can then determine whether or not the message has been tampered with during transit. In order for DKIM to work, the sending email server must generate a cryptographic key pair, which consists of a private key and a public key. The private key is used to sign outgoing email messages, while the public key is published in the Domain Name System (DNS). When an email message is signed with DKIM, the signature is added as a header to the message. The receiving email server can then use the public key to verify the signature and confirm that the message has not been altered.
Steps to Configure Domain confirmation for Greenhouse
Domain confirmation is the first stage in the DKIM authentication process on Greenhouse. Follow the steps below for domain confirmation:
- Access your Greenhouse account.
- Click the options button, then select Email Settings
- Fill up the space provided with your email domain information and select “Register.”
- After purchasing the domain for your business’s email, you must provide your IT staff with the DKIM record value to configure your DNS with the same value (along with other records including MX, CNAME, and SPF)
- To do this, click on Email for IT Dept and type your IT department’s address into the space provide
- To ensure the highest level of anonymity, Greenhouse employs 2048-bit DKIM keys. However, not all hosting services accept DKIM keys with a bit length greater than 1024. By using the “use shorter DKIM key” checkbox on Greenhouse, you can shorten your keys.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Greenhouse DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.