The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for FireDrum?
DKIM works by adding a digital signature to outgoing email messages. This signature can be verified by the receiving email server, which can then determine whether or not the message has been tampered with during transit. In order for DKIM to work, the sending email server must generate a cryptographic key pair, which consists of a private key and a public key. The private key is used to sign outgoing email messages, while the public key is published in the Domain Name System (DNS). When an email message is signed with DKIM, the signature is added as a header to the message. The receiving email server can then use the public key to verify the signature and confirm that the message has not been altered.
Steps to Configure DKIM for FireDrum
- Sign in to your Email Marketing
- Navigate to Account > Settings
- Select the “Authenticated Domains” section on the account settings page.
- Choose Add Domain from the menu.
- Include the domain name. The DKIM CNAME record that needs to be published on your DNS should be visible once everything is finished:
For DKIM authentication, FireDrum employs the following CNAME record:
Your FireDrum DKIM public key is available here. This must be added to your DNS. Make sure your own domain name is substituted for the sample domain (mydomain.com) before proceeding.
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for FireDrum
- Sign in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, create a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on FireDrum DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.