The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Emma?
DKIM works by adding a digital signature to outgoing email messages. This signature can be verified by the receiving email server, which can then determine whether or not the message has been tampered with during transit. In order for DKIM to work, the sending email server must generate a cryptographic key pair, which consists of a private key and a public key. The private key is used to sign outgoing email messages, while the public key is published in the Domain Name System (DNS). When an email message is signed with DKIM, the signature is added as a header to the message. The receiving email server can then use the public key to verify the signature and confirm that the message has not been altered.
Requirements for setting up Emma
You must publish the following 3 CNAME records on your domain’s DNS before configuring DKIM for Emma. They will resemble the examples below.
Depending on the specifications of your DNS hosting provider, these CNAME records may differ somewhat and be linked to your email sending domain. Therefore, before publishing, please speak with your supplier or hosting company’s support staff.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Emma
- Sign in to your Emma account.
- Click DKIM on the Accounts page.
- You will be able to see the hash code that Emma gave you.
- In your DNS, make a TXT entry with the following syntax: e2ma-hash verification=[[emma’s value]]
- Save your changes, then wait a few hours for your DNS to take effect.
Activating DKIM for Emma
- Upon returning to the Account page, select the DKIM option once more.
- Enter your domain name in the corresponding field.
- Select “Save”
- This would launch a validation process to verify that the CNAME and TXT records on your DNS have been published and are legitimate and live.
- When verification is completed, the Save button turns blue.
- To complete Emma’s DKIM activation process, simply click Save once more.
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Emma DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation