How to Set Up DKIM for 123 Reg?
DKIM works by adding a digital signature to outgoing email messages. This signature can be verified by the receiving email server, which can then determine whether or not the message has been tampered with during transit. In order for DKIM to work, the sending email server must generate a cryptographic key pair, which consists of a private key and a public key. The private key is used to sign outgoing email messages, while the public key is published in the Domain Name System (DNS). When an email message is signed with DKIM, the signature is added as a header to the message. The receiving email server can then use the public key to verify the signature and confirm that the message has not been altered.
Steps to Configure a DKIM record for 123 Reg
You must first make sure that your domain is pointed to the 123 Reg nameservers in order to set up a DKIM record on your domain name.
- Sign in to the 123 Reg control panel.
- Select your domain from the drop-down box in the Manage Active Products section and then select Manage.
- Go to the section titled “Advanced Domain Settings”
- Select Manage DNS.
- At the top of the page, locate and select the Advanced DNS tab.
- It will open a new page where you can add a new DKIM record.
Steps to attach a DKIM record for 123 Reg
- Choose TXT/SPF from the Type drop-down menu.
- Enter the following hostname in the Hostname field: sl._domainkey
- Fill up the Destination area with the DKIM record that 123 Reg gave you.
- When finished, select “Add” to store the fresh record.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on 123 Reg DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation