The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Mail Assure – Solarwinds?
DKIM uses cryptographic signatures and public-key infrastructure to verify that an email message has not been altered during transit and that it truly came from the claimed sender. Email senders can use DKIM to sign their messages by adding a DKIM-Signature header field to the messages. Email receivers can then use the public key published in the DNS to verify the signature and check that the message has not been tampered with.
How to Create a DKIM Certificate in Mail Assure – Solarwinds
- Open your Solarwinds control panel and log in.
- When using the Domain Level Control Panel, choose Outgoing > DKIM.
- Determine the DKIM key length
- Enter a DKIM selector.
- Click “Generate” a new private/public pair and save it.
- Your DKIM private and public key pair is generated by AI. The private key is used by Mail Assure to sign the headers of your outgoing emails, while the public key must be broadcast in your DNS.
How to publish DKIM record in DNS
- Sign in to your DNS administration interface.
- Generate a TXT record in your DNS called “selector._domainkey.yourdomainname.com,” for example: “s1._domainkey.mydomain1.com,“ and add it to your DNS.
- Copy the contents of the DKIM public key generated by Mail Assure and paste them in the section designated for the TXT record value.
- Click “Save.”
Use our free DKIM record lookup tool to validate the published DKIM record.
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!