The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Kerio Connect?
DKIM works by adding a digital signature to outgoing email messages. This signature can be verified by the receiving email server, which can then determine whether or not the message has been tampered with during transit. In order for DKIM to work, the sending email server must generate a cryptographic key pair, which consists of a private key and a public key. The private key is used to sign outgoing email messages, while the public key is published in the Domain Name System (DNS). When an email message is signed with DKIM, the signature is added as a header to the message. The receiving email server can then use the public key to verify the signature and confirm that the message has not been altered.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Kerio Connect?
The first step is to find your DKIM public key on Kerio Connect. To find it:
- Log into Kerio Connect and access your account.
- Go to Configuration > Domains in the administrator interface.
- Choose your domain, then select the General tab.
- Click the Show public key button to continue.
- Your DKIM public key is displayed in a dialog box that appears.
- To copy this text
DNS release of the public key:
- Take control of your DNS
- Make a TXT record by going to the DKIM records area. Fill in the record name and value that Kerio Connect has provided.
- Save any modifications to your file.
How to confirm your domain on Kerio Connect:
- Remain logged into your Kerio Connect account at all times.
- Go to Domains > Configuration.
- Go to the General tab by double-clicking the domain for which you have published the entry.
- Set the checkbox next to Sending emails from this domain must include a DKIM signature.
- Save modifications.
You will be able to see a “Yes” status against your domain under the “DKIM Enabled” criterion on the Domains tab once it has been confirmed and DKIM enabled for it, as seen below:
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Kerio Connect DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation
Enforce DMARC, SPF and DKIM in days - not months
Skysnag helps busy engineers enforce DMARC, responds to any misconfigurations for SPF or DKIM which increases email deliverability, and eliminates email spoofing and identity impersonation.