The Skysnag Blog
How to Set Up DKIM for Jive (by Aurea)?
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for email senders to digitally sign email messages in a way that can be verified by email receivers. This allows receivers to verify that the message truly came from the sender, and has not been tampered with. DKIM is intended to address some of the flaws in the existing email system, such as spoofing, phishing, and message tampering.
Steps to Configure DKIM for Jive (by Aurea)
- You must submit a support ticket to Jive in order to ask for DKIM keys entries.
- Ask for a new DKIM public key or DKIM CNAME Records (for Jive Hosted) (for Jive Cloud).
- Your support ticket’s subject line should read: DKIM setup is necessary
- When raising the ticket, kindly mention:
Your desired email domain for DKIM activation
A selection for DKIM of your choice. This can be an alphanumeric value and must be exactly three characters long according to Jive.
- The Jive Infrastructure Operations team will give you the entries you need to add to your domain’s DNS after it is finished.
How to Get Your DKIM Public Key Available for Jive (by Aurea)
- Sign in as the administrator to your DNS provider’s administration console.
- Go to the DNS records section of each of your domains.
- Depending on the type of DKIM record that has been provided to you, generate a TXT or CNAME record.
- Copy and paste the hostname and value
- Save your record’s modifications and wait 48–72 hours for your DNS to take effect.
You can use Skysnag’s free DKIM Checker to check the health of your DKIM record here
Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a free trial today!
For more information on Jive DKIM setup, you can refer to their reference documentation